Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today Marks the Start of Many New Things

Today would have been my step mom's 56th birthday. But today she was finally put to rest at the Chateau de Frontenac in Canada. My mom woke up at sunrise to spread her ashes among the gardens of this beautiful hotel that Sharon once visited. Oh wait, you are probably stuck on the part that My Mom spread the ashes of my Step Mom, well, that's just the kind of family we are. It beats living in my mom's nightstand drawer (And that is a story for another time).

So as I woke up to the 4:15am text my mom sent, I had a moment of sadness as I reminisced all the times we shared together. It is amazing how time flies; alas, she is finally at peace; and I mean this in the literal sense. Living in my mom's nightstand drawer can't be the most peaceful place to rest!

Moving right along, it was my first day back at work. Thank God Huddy decided to wake up for his 3:00am feeding which allowed me extra time in the morning. So, I decided to wash my hair.  I was still thinking about Sharon as I was blow drying the last strand of my hair when my $200 blow dryer began to shower me with high speed, fiery trajectories! After the initial shock that I wasn't on fire, I realized there is absolutely No Way I am convincing my husband of getting another Beespoke T3! Bummer! Not to mention I now must find the time to stop at Target  for a new blow dryer.

Shortly after the defeat of my hair dryer, Huddy's new babysitter showed up. Today was the first day I left him for more than 2 hours. Thankfully, I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and then rerouted 20 min out of the way so I didn't have time to ball my eyes out due to separation anxiety.

So now I am back at work, and able to eat a bagel; breakfast, I think that counts as a first too. Anyways, we are piloting a new math curriculum, I won't bore you with the details, but another first which cost me 18 bucks an hour (the going rate for babysitters these days). Starting to think I'm in the wrong business!

So as I finish typing this blog, Bella is happily chewing on her new bone and I am enjoying the first moment of quiet I've had all day. I can only imagine what the night will bring; perhaps an off schedule bedtime routine for a baby who didn't sleep ALL day!




3 comments:

  1. What a day!!! I hope you're having a nice glass of wine to toast your day of "firsts" ;) $18/hr?! BUT it's one of those things where the sitter probably appreciates it and in turn pays extra special attention to your precious lil' man (get what you pay for)... Maybe I need to move up there and bring him a playmate and watch him for half that! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences. Your mom had Sharon's ashes? That's cool that they could get along like that.

    And your 200 dollar blow dryer? - wow. did it style your hair for you too? I always remember you having the nicest hair - thick and healthy.

    Um yeh, nannying was sssu-weet. I got paid 3200 bucks a month! No joke. Crazy huh?! And up where you live the salaries are even higher... have you thought about private day care or home day care. I think it's just as well - they are exposed to germs which heightens their immune response over time. And they are socialized a bit. nothing against your sitter - but i don't think i could fork out that kinda dough.

    Anyhow, glad to hear you did so good on your first day! Congrats! Praying you have a smoooooth night tonight - maybe he'll sleep good for ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez! So many errors! Oops. Thanks mom for pointing those out! I'll blame that on my sleep deprivation!

    ReplyDelete